Thursday, June 12, 2014

Good Morning!!!

I'm a bit behind on a couple of baby quilts but thankfully they're small so I should be able to finish in a week or two, right?

Here is one of them- it's Mosaic Tiles by Sukie Newbold. You can find it in Modern Bee- 13 quilts to make with friends. The quilts are all written with instructions for making and sharing blocks with other faraway quilters! How fun! They even include advice on dealing with the tardy quilter. That might be me, lol! A good book, I can recommend it.






I'm altering this quilt to be a baby size. And a bit more pink.
Here's my progress- it uses 5 inch squares so you can use a charm pack :)



Here it is so far on the design wall. It will be bigger, but this is all that will fit on my wall :D


A big, big thanks to Brian from The Cloth Castle for helping me choose the right solid to go with these beautiful prints. If you're lucky enough to live nearby, you might get to meet Brian. He is SO MUCH FUN!! And he always knows exactly what I need for my project :)
Ok- enough blogging. Time to get sewing!!

4 comments:

  1. What a clever design to use for those charms! Looks fabulous on the design wall. Great progress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. pretty quilt. and the background colors IS perfect!

    Thank you so much for sharing at Needle and Thread Thursday!

    :) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks so great on the design wall! I picked up some charm squares, jelly rolls and layer cakes on the weekend and have been googling patterns for them. Thanks for the inspiration! Tracy

    ReplyDelete